Monday, February 16, 2015

Tea Party!


We has a small tea party yesterday, just three friends and myself. The fluffy fake chick was a gift, sort of an in joke. Many of the tea pots and cups, the sugar bowl and the sandwich plate were gifts and some have fond memories of my grandmother and Mom and a couple of friends who have died. Maybe that sounds morbid, but I like to think it honors them and it certainly brings a smile to my face as I use them, especially when the use comes with yummy treats and lots of laughter.

It was a particularly fun to use the lacy linens and pretty tea pots and cups and plates that are often on the shelf. Time to play in the kitchen has been at a premium. Fortunately two of the sweet treats I served were made ahead and the rest were purchased. The linzer tart I posted last was a big hit! I did make the little sandwiches in the morning, which was fun. I had never made egg salad, nor cucumber on pumpernickel tea sandwiches before, so there was a learning curve.

Things have been super busy and social around here, which limits baking time. Hope to do the Bread Baking Babes post and Cake Slice post within a few days of their usual posting dates. Best I can do this month.  XO, Elle


1 comment :

  1. Isn't it fun to pull out all the good dishes?

    I have friends who have been sending back and forth the same yellow Peep for years... so the chick made me smile.

    ReplyDelete